Danish bikers call truce in deadly feud
Friday 26 September 1997
That attack was followed three days later by one that shocked Denmark, in which one Bandido was killed and three wounded by a man who opened fire at them outside a restaurant crowded with holidaymakers in the resort town of Liseleje. No further attacks have been reported since then and over the summer a series of talks were held with a Danish lawyer acting as mediator.
"We have agreed to co-operate to stop what has been happening," Jim Tinndahn, president of the Bandidos' Danish wing, said on Denmark's TV2 in an appearance with top Hell's Angels member Bent Svane Nielsen. Neither biker would confirm an earlier TV2 report that the Hell's Angels would absorb the Bandidos and did not give details of their agreement. "What's most important is that it's over," Svane Nielsen said.
But both he and Mr Tinndahn avoided using the word "peace" and the grudges built up during the feud may not be easily diluted. Nor was it immediately known whether the agreement would affect other gangs affiliated with the Hell's Angels and Bandidos. Each gang had about 120 members in Denmark, with smaller contingents in the other Scandinavian countries. The feud is believed to have begun in a dispute over control of drug and crime markets.
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Charles Saatchi accepts police caution for assault after trying to dismiss Nigella Lawson row as 'playful tiff'
Google, BT and Yahoo! agree plan to tackle child porn
Exposed: Edward Erin, the doctor whose faked asthma drug test results proved fatal
Charles Saatchi: Taking caution for holding Nigella Lawson's throat was 'better than it hanging over all of us'
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...