Current Google Insights trends: 'Pacquiao vs Cotto', '2012 movie'
Wednesday 18 November 2009
Searches for the boxing match between Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao and Puerto Rican boxer Miguel Cotto are at the top of Google Insights list on November 18.
The World Boxing Organization Welterweight Champion "match of the year" took place in Las Vegas on Saturday, November 14.
The apocalyptic movie, 2012, has been lurking around the top of Google's list of trending search terms since before the movie's release on Friday, November 13 in the US and in several other countries.
The digitally enhanced science-fiction movie stars American film actor John Cusack and shows a series of cataclysmic events taking place on Earth in 2012.
During its first weekend, the film reached the number one spot in the US box office, bringing in around $225 million worldwide.
Current searches for "2012" and "2012 movie" are mostly coming from people located in India, Indonesia and the Philippines.
The search terms with the most significant growth worldwide in the last seven days as measured by Google Insights, recorded on November 18 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. pacquiao vs cotto (+1,100%)
2. 2012 movie (+200%)
3. 2012 (+160%)
4. robert enke (+140%)
5. carrie prejean (+140%)
6. loto (+90%)
7. ufc (+80%)
8. nasa (+70%)
9. modern warfare 2 (+60%)
10. lady gaga (+60%)
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A data analytics are currently looking t...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency is currently ...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency in Central Lo...