Current Twitter trends: things that are tacky, 'NowPlaying,' Jaebum
Friday 08 January 2010
On January 8 Twitter users are tweeting about the things they think are tacky.
"Wearing socks with heels," "wearing ugg boots with a dress" and "coupons at a fine dining joint" are all things people on Twitter think are tacky.
The term "#NowPlaying" has dropped one position to the second spot on Twitter's list of trending topics while the "#omgfacts" meme jumped up three places.
The performing name of South Korean boy band singer Jaebum, formally of 2PM fame, is back in Twitter's list of trending topics on January 8.
People on the microblogging site are posting tweets about the singer, real name Park Jaebeom, hoping that their tweets will encourage him to return to 2PM.
"It has been four months, JaeBum Oppa," wrote one microblogger, "I don't wanna ask when will you come back, but please do come back one day, ok? We'll be waiting."
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on January 8 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. #tacky (new)
2. #NowPlaying (-1)
3. Jaebum (new)
4. #omgfacts (+3)
5. Follow Friday (new)
6. Shorty Award (unchanged)
7. Nexus One (-2)
8. Goodnight (new)
9. Avatar (new)
10. CES 2010 (new)
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Scottish independence: Former pro-union voters explain why they changed their minds to the Yes vote
- 3 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 4 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 5 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup
£40000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: This is an e...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: BI Project / Program Manager BI Project...
£250 - £300 per day: Progressive Recruitment: LEAD DIGITAL ANALYST - CONTRACT ...
£60000 - £70000 per annum: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Head of Technology -...