Google rolls out online dictionary
Saturday 05 December 2009
Google, the company that for many has come to define the Internet, has quietly rolled out an online dictionary offering the meanings of words in more than two dozen languages.
A visit Friday to a Google Dictionary service at google.com/dictionary showed a clean, simple Web page with a box for selecting languages from a drop-down list and a second box for typing in words to be defined.
The dictionary service offered definitions of words in 28 languages and to translate terms from or into English.
David Haines remembered: Death of British hostage executed by Isis lamented from the Balkans to Sudan
Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton nude pictures exhibition cancelled after artist concedes photos were 'stolen property'
David Haines beheading: David Cameron says Britain will hunt down Isis 'monsters' shown in video murdering aid worker
Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
Jennifer Lawrence to make public appearance after nude photo hacking scandal as Met Gala Ball 2015 co-host
- 1 Scotland independence vote: Everything you ever wanted to know about life after the result
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 5 Tyler, The Creator says having the new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
£15-20k (DOE) + Benefits / Bonus: Guru Careers: Joining as a Resourcer / Juni...
£55 - 70k: Guru Careers: Head of Design & UX / UX Architect is needed to join ...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - A specialist opportunity with ...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...