Slowest download area named
The street with the slowest broadband speed in the country has been uncovered. It turns out that patience is a much-needed virtue for residents of Railway Hill in Canterbury, Kent. Their average download speed is 0.13Mb, which means that downloading a film would take about 48 hours.
The situation is almost as bad in Tewkesbury Road in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, where the average speed is 0.14Mb.
One million speed tests were carried out by a telecoms comparison website. The UK average speed is 6.21Mb, almost 50 times faster than in Railway Hill.
Alex Buttle, the director of the site, Top10.com, described Railway Hill's download speeds as "only marginally faster than dial-up".
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin, says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
White and gold or blue and black – what colour is the dress? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + up to £45,000: Sauce Recruitment: The Internation...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A thriving online media busines...