Slowest download area named
The street with the slowest broadband speed in the country has been uncovered. It turns out that patience is a much-needed virtue for residents of Railway Hill in Canterbury, Kent. Their average download speed is 0.13Mb, which means that downloading a film would take about 48 hours.
The situation is almost as bad in Tewkesbury Road in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, where the average speed is 0.14Mb.
One million speed tests were carried out by a telecoms comparison website. The UK average speed is 6.21Mb, almost 50 times faster than in Railway Hill.
Alex Buttle, the director of the site, Top10.com, described Railway Hill's download speeds as "only marginally faster than dial-up".
Islamic State: Pope is 'being targeted by Isis', Iraqi ambassador to the Holy See warns
Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton nude pictures exhibition cancelled after artist concedes photos were 'stolen property'
Scotland independence: A nation divided against itself: Brown says SNP are liars. Darling joins in. Salmond fights back...
John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
Richard III: Two years after his body was found, scientists discover how he died
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Watch a man race the Circle line and win
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 5 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Interim Head of Marketing / Marketing Manager / Dig...
£28 - 36k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Brand Manager / Senior Account Manager is nee...
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...
£40k - £50k depending on experience: Sheffield Doc/Fest: Sheffield Doc/Fest is...