Slowest download area named
The street with the slowest broadband speed in the country has been uncovered. It turns out that patience is a much-needed virtue for residents of Railway Hill in Canterbury, Kent. Their average download speed is 0.13Mb, which means that downloading a film would take about 48 hours.
The situation is almost as bad in Tewkesbury Road in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, where the average speed is 0.14Mb.
One million speed tests were carried out by a telecoms comparison website. The UK average speed is 6.21Mb, almost 50 times faster than in Railway Hill.
Alex Buttle, the director of the site, Top10.com, described Railway Hill's download speeds as "only marginally faster than dial-up".
Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
How China's richest man Li Hejun lost $15bn in an hour - and made a fortune
Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 Chelsea victory parade: Chelsea mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 4 Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: A Senior Account Manager / SAM is needed to join the ...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Manager...