Daily Sport owner in administration
Friday 01 April 2011
The owner of the Daily Sport and Sunday Sport newspapers said tonight that it is to enter administration after failing to pay off its debts.
Sport Media Group, which in 2009 was saved from going out of business by former owner David Sullivan, said it had ceased trading with immediate effect.
The announcement came after the group warned it had experienced "an insufficient recovery" in trading since the adverse weather in December last year.
Daily Sport, which specialises in celebrity news and soft porn stories and images, was launched in 1991 by Mr Sullivan, following on from Sunday Sport, which was first published in 1986.
Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
Kim Jong-un 'purge': Six North Korea officials missing for weeks 'may have been executed'
Diwali: What is the festival of lights – and how is it celebrated around the world?
Nathan Cirillo: Final pictures emerge of soldier moments before he was shot dead by Ottowa gunman
Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Marijuana use by teenagers does not result in a lower IQ or worse exam results, study finds
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel like your sales role...
competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: A global entertainment busi...
£80000 - £90000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: Working for an International Mul...
£25k + commission + benefits: Savvy Media Ltd: Find a job you love and never h...