Gallery: How the front pages covered Margaret Thatcher's death
Tuesday 09 April 2013
The front pages of all UK national newspapers this morning led with yesterday's news of the death of former prime minister Baroness Thatcher.
Coverage varied across the political spectrum and from the the factual - 'Maggie dead in bed at Ritz' (The Sun) - through the sentimental - 'The woman who saved Britain' (Daily Mail) - to the arguably crass and celebratory - 'Rejoice' (Socialist Worker).
Most carried large photographs of the iconic former leader's face.
The Independent's front page featured a black and white picture of Baroness Thatcher with the headline 'The woman who changed everything' and the strapline 'Margaret Thatcher 1925-2013' above our red masthead.
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...
£85000 - £100000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing - Slough, Berkshi...
£18 - 20k + Bonus: Guru Careers: An Administration Assistant / Office Assistan...