Gallery: How the front pages covered Margaret Thatcher's death
Tuesday 09 April 2013
The front pages of all UK national newspapers this morning led with yesterday's news of the death of former prime minister Baroness Thatcher.
Coverage varied across the political spectrum and from the the factual - 'Maggie dead in bed at Ritz' (The Sun) - through the sentimental - 'The woman who saved Britain' (Daily Mail) - to the arguably crass and celebratory - 'Rejoice' (Socialist Worker).
Most carried large photographs of the iconic former leader's face.
The Independent's front page featured a black and white picture of Baroness Thatcher with the headline 'The woman who changed everything' and the strapline 'Margaret Thatcher 1925-2013' above our red masthead.
Ireland's same-sex marriage vote: Dublin in party mood ahead of historic poll result
Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 4 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: A Senior Account Manager / SAM is needed to join the ...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Manager...