Media Lunch: Lorraine Candy, Editor, Elle Magazine
Thursday 01 July 2010
The venue: Truc Vert, a small café in Mayfair – because it's very near my office.
The company: I took Giles Deacon there recently. I take a lot of fashion designers there, and they tend to like it as it's a little informal and doesn't feel like they're having a job interview.
The conversation: Elle is 25 years old in October, so we chatted about him being involved in our birthday issue. We also spoke about his new job at Ungaro.
On the menu: I always have a quiche and their deep fried courgettes.
And to drink? A sparkling water and a really large coffee.
Come here often? Not often. I have an absolute rule on it because it takes up too much of my time. I leave work at 5 o'clock so I can get home to be with the kids.
Truc Vert, 42 North Audley Street, London W1. Trucvert.co.uk
Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
Kim Jong-un 'purge': Six North Korea officials missing for weeks 'may have been executed'
Diwali: What is the festival of lights – and how is it celebrated around the world?
Nathan Cirillo: Final pictures emerge of soldier moments before he was shot dead by Ottowa gunman
Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 1 Marijuana use by teenagers does not result in a lower IQ or worse exam results, study finds
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel like your sales role...
competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: A global entertainment busi...
£80000 - £90000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: Working for an International Mul...
£25k + commission + benefits: Savvy Media Ltd: Find a job you love and never h...