Paparazzi: Nobody needs a star snap that badly
After years of escalating tension between stars and the paparazzi, the news that a photographer has been killed chasing Justin Bieber's car had an air of inevitability. Celebrities regularly accuse the snappers of dangerous pursuits and harassment of families, while routinely members of both parties claim to be the victim of verbal and physical assault.
The photographer, Chris Guerra, 29, was following the teenage pop star's Ferrari in Los Angeles on Tuesday when the sports car was pulled over by traffic police. The pap saw his chance, but was hit by another car. Grimly, the pictures he would have shot would have been of little interest as the Canadian singer had lent the vehicle to friends and wasn't even in the car at the time.
It's also a cautionary message to wannabe paps: if a star has bought a Ferrari, it's likely that at least one reason for it is that they don't want to be pursued.
New essay by JK Rowling went live on Pottermore site on Friday
Top Gear presenter is no stranger to foot-in-mouth controversy
New UK station Russia Today gives a very bizarre view of Britain
'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
Tower of London poppies: Tens of thousands of people flock to see installation in its final days
Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
Bryan Adams' heartstopping images of wounded British soldiers to go on show at Somerset House
- 1 Chinese authorities arrest 11 people over exhuming woman’s body to sell as corpse bride
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Paul Hollywood: Police asked if I wanted them to arrest Mary Berry for vandalism after she 'defaced' my car
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel your sales role is l...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £100,000: SThree: If you would like to work fo...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Uncapped Commission £100k +: SThree: Trainee Recru...