Susan Boyle manager accepts libel damages
Wednesday 19 October 2011
An adviser to singer Susan Boyle has accepted substantial undisclosed libel damages over a claim that he was unfit to handle her affairs.
Retired accountant Ossie Kilkenny, a member of the International Board of Directors of Special Olympics, brought proceedings in London's High Court over a Daily Mail story in March last year.
The publication of the false allegations caused him acute distress and anxiety and were an unwarranted slur on his character and professional reputation, said solicitor Nicholas Armstrong.
He told Mr Justice Tugendhat today that Mr Kilkenny - who at the time was one of Miss Boyle's managers - was referred to in an article headed "Family at war over Subo's millions".
It suggested that, because of doubts over his trustworthiness, Mr Kilkenny was unsuitable or unfit to be trusted to handle the singer's affairs.
Mr Armstrong said that Associated Newspapers had now accepted this was untrue and clarified that it never intended to suggest that Mr Kilkenny managed Miss Boyle's finances dishonestly.
It had apologised and agreed to pay him substantial damages and reimburse his legal costs.
MH17 crash: Investigators discover more human remains and 'huge section of plane'
US patient Johnny Lee Banks sues doctors over circumcision that ended up as amputation
Susan Sarandon on David Bowie romance: 'He's worth idolising'
Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 4 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A data analytics are currently looking t...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency is currently ...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency in Central Lo...