The Independent is honoured at Press Awards
Thursday 22 March 2012
There was a strong showing from the Independent titles at the 2012 British Press Awards.
Jeremy Laurance , The Independent's health editor, was voted Specialist Reporter of the Year. The judges praised his "brilliant and original" reporting and described him as "a must-read for politicians and professionals" who "has led his field for more than a decade".
Deborah Ross won the prestigious title of Interviewer of the Year (Broadsheet). Ross's interviews, which appear in our Saturday Magazine, were described as "quirky, perceptive, penetrating and downright hilarious".
And The Independent's sister paper, i, won the Production and Design Team of the Year award, for a product which the judges said had "persuaded young people to put down their iPads and pick up the paper".
- 1 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
£26K-30k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£25K-28k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...