The Independent is honoured at Press Awards
Thursday 22 March 2012
There was a strong showing from the Independent titles at the 2012 British Press Awards.
Jeremy Laurance , The Independent's health editor, was voted Specialist Reporter of the Year. The judges praised his "brilliant and original" reporting and described him as "a must-read for politicians and professionals" who "has led his field for more than a decade".
Deborah Ross won the prestigious title of Interviewer of the Year (Broadsheet). Ross's interviews, which appear in our Saturday Magazine, were described as "quirky, perceptive, penetrating and downright hilarious".
And The Independent's sister paper, i, won the Production and Design Team of the Year award, for a product which the judges said had "persuaded young people to put down their iPads and pick up the paper".
MH17 crash: Investigators discover more human remains and 'huge section of plane'
Susan Sarandon on David Bowie romance: 'He's worth idolising'
Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 4 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A data analytics are currently looking t...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency is currently ...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency in Central Lo...