Take That to front M&S campaign

Click to follow
The Independent Online

Pop stars Take That are to be the new faces of Marks & Spencer menswear, it was confirmed today.

A new campaign, shot by photographer Rankin, features the reunited group wearing a variety of looks from the Autograph autumn range.



The sequence of photographs, taken two weeks ago in a London studio, show the band members - Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Jason Orange and Mark Owen - both individually and as a group.



The group said: "It's brilliant to be working with such a strong British brand as M&S and to be the faces for the new autumn Autograph campaign.



"We were really impressed with the Plan A eco-initiative that M&S launched in January and the commitments the company has made towards greener retailing.



"It's really important to us to work with people who share our values as well as make great clothes."



M&S will also be the official sponsor of the band's forthcoming Beautiful World tour.



Steven Sharp, marketing executive director, said: "Take That have had a phenomenal 12 months and it's great to see them doing so well - long may it continue.



"We are very excited to have them on board, especially because of their support for our Plan A work which is at the heart of our business."



The collection will be available in 270 stores around the country.



Advertisements start on October 4 in newspapers and magazines and on billboards.



Last year Take That ended a decade of absence with a sell-out tour and a new album.



They managed to leave behind their boy-band image while jumping straight back to the top of the charts.



A documentary coinciding with the band's greatest hits album fuelled anticipation about their reunion tour, which was a huge success.



When the band, minus Robbie Williams, got back into the studio with a new record deal, their album Beautiful World was a Number One hit.



The comeback single Patience landed the group a Brit Award, as well as a Number One single.

Comments