BBC2 clears schedule to screen Jackson service
Tuesday 07 July 2009
BBC2 is to clear its schedule to screen the Michael Jackson memorial service live.
The channel will devote an hour and a half to the event in Los Angeles from 6pm with DJ Trevor Nelson hosting the coverage - it will also be shown on the BBC's HD channel.
TV channel Five has already devoted a 90-minute slot to the live event.
The BBC's decision to pull its advertised programmes follows last week's decision to overhaul BBC1 programmes to allow extended live coverage of Andy Murray's game against Stanislas Wawrinka.
Nick Vaughan-Barratt, head of BBC Events, said: "Michael Jackson is one of the most influential pop stars of all time and we're pleased to bring BBC viewers coverage of this important event.
"The executive producer in LA has described the rehearsals as awesome, powerful and tearful so we're expecting a moving tribute this evening."
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£25 - 30k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Trend Writer / Copywriter: Retail, Design and...
£28 - 32k + Uncapped Commission: Guru Careers: A Business Development Manager ...
£17 - 27k: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Digital Marketing Assistant to join ...