Golden hello for BBC's Thompson
Saturday 18 August 2012
Mark Thompson, the outgoing director general of the BBC, is to receive a "golden hello" of $3m (£1.9m) from the New York Times when he takes over as chief executive later this year.
Mr Thompson will receive an annual $1m base salary from the newspaper and the possibility of a $1m annual bonus, according to regulatory documents published by its parent company yesterday.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
Ten best places to live in the UK: Hart in Hampshire takes top spot
Winter Solstice marks shortest day of the year
Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
Paul Walker's daughter Meadow attends Justin Bieber Believe premiere
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- < Previous
- Next >
£6.31 per day: Inspiring Interns: One of the biggest names in sport is offerin...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: This company is a division of th...
Up to £22K (OTE year 1 - £40,000): Seltek Consultants Ltd: Seltek is a leading...
£285 per day: PCR Recruitment Limited: This is a unique opportunity for an Ent...