'Rotten' John Lydon set for Question Time
Wednesday 04 July 2012
Former Sex Pistols frontman John Lydon is swapping anarchy for current affairs to appear on Question Time.
The punk pioneer, formerly known as Johnny Rotten, will join former home secretary Alan Johnson and Conservative MP Louise Mensch on the long-running BBC1 current affairs show.
Producers will be hoping there is no repeat of the Sex Pistols' famously foul-mouthed 1976 appearance on Bill Grundy's show which propelled them into the headlines and wrecked the broadcaster's career.
Lydon has also appeared on reality show I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here where his swearing prompted complaints.
He is not the first singer to appear on the show - Will Young joined the panel earlier this year.
Tomorrow's show, which is being filmed in Derby, will also include Energy and Climate Change Secretary Ed Davey and journalist Dominic Lawson and is hosted by David Dimbleby.
Perez Hilton apologises for publishing Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
Jennifer Lawrence 'nude photo hacker' claims there are hundreds more celebrity images to come
Victoria Justice on naked photo leak: 'Let me nip this in the bud right now – pun intended'
Ariana Grande nude photos leak: Pictures are completely fake, say representatives
Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
£25k Basic (DOE) – (£30k year 1 OTE) : Guru Careers: We are seeking a bright A...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£25 - 30k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Trend Writer / Copywriter: Retail, Design and...
£28 - 32k + Uncapped Commission: Guru Careers: A Business Development Manager ...