'Speak up!' The BBC's only muted Olympic coverage
Always keen to find something wrong with both the Olympics and the BBC, the media have their first victim: the corporations' Stratford news studio.
Tuesday evening's News at Ten was affected by both poor sound quality and background noise, which resulted in Fiona Bruce sounding like she was broadcasting from inside a glass bowl.
A spokeswoman for the BBC said that they were aware of the problems and believe that they have resolved them: "Outside broadcasting can be a particular challenge but being live at the Olympic Park allows us to do justice to the biggest sporting event in the UK for a generation. Work has been done to improve the sound quality on some of our output."
The Beeb's solution has been the introduction of sound-deadening curtains and carpet, (perhaps those who live in noisy flats should take note) which they believe has solved the problem. If it hasn't, expect a cacophony of anti-BBC coverage.
Returning to the stage after 20 years makes actress feel 'nauseous'
Top conservatoire offers ‘groundbreaking’ arts degree
Islamic State: Pope is 'being targeted by Isis', Iraqi ambassador to the Holy See warns
Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton nude pictures exhibition cancelled after artist concedes photos were 'stolen property'
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Richard III: Two years after his body was found scientists discover how he died
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West halts concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Interim Head of Marketing / Marketing Manager / Dig...
£28 - 36k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Brand Manager / Senior Account Manager is nee...
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...