Mrs Howard denies jail comment
Tuesday 25 February 1997
Granada TV's World in Action, screened last night, contained an interview with Mr Lewis in which he made the allegations about Sandra Howard, the model Sandra Paul. John Turnbull, of Linklaters & Paines, said: "She never said or suggested that any actual or proposed nutritional standards at Her Majesty's Prisons were too generous. Mr Lewis has told World in Action that he was taken aside by Mr Howard's political adviser, David Cameron, in 1994 and told that Mrs Howard believed that "the prison code's requirements to provide a balanced and nutritious diet was somehow too generous for prisoners". Mr Lewis was sacked by Mr Howard in 1995 after the escape of inmates from Parkhurst.
- 1 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
One spelling error costs Companies House up to £9 million after being sued for ruining business
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our client is the UK's leading ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An experienced Fee Earner/Techn...
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of this mu...
£40000 - £70000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...