Mrs Howard denies jail comment
Tuesday 25 February 1997
Granada TV's World in Action, screened last night, contained an interview with Mr Lewis in which he made the allegations about Sandra Howard, the model Sandra Paul. John Turnbull, of Linklaters & Paines, said: "She never said or suggested that any actual or proposed nutritional standards at Her Majesty's Prisons were too generous. Mr Lewis has told World in Action that he was taken aside by Mr Howard's political adviser, David Cameron, in 1994 and told that Mrs Howard believed that "the prison code's requirements to provide a balanced and nutritious diet was somehow too generous for prisoners". Mr Lewis was sacked by Mr Howard in 1995 after the escape of inmates from Parkhurst.
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...