Abu Hamza's son convicted of robbery
Friday 31 August 2012
The son of radical Muslim cleric Abu Hamza has been convicted of carrying out an armed raid at a jewellers.
Imran Mostafa – whose father faces deportation from the UK – carried out the smash-and-grab raid with Jonathon Abdul, 17, in King's Lynn, Norfolk, on 31 January. Mostafa, 20, from Slough, denied robbery and possession of a firearm with intent but was convicted at Norwich Crown Court.
Jewellery worth about £75,000 was taken in the raid. Both Mostafa and Abdul, from Fulham, west London, will be sentenced at a future date alongside Ossama Hamed, 19, from Fulham, west London, and Ahmed Ahmed, 20, from Enfield, who had previously admitted the same charges.
Details of Mostafa's parentage had been made the subject of a contempt of court order by Judge Peter Jacobs, which was lifted after jurors reached their verdicts.
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow