Blackmail charges follow wheel-clamp probe
A total of six people have been charged with conspiracy to commit blackmail after a lengthy inquiry into a wheel-clamping firm, police said today.
The charges against five men and a woman were announced by West Mercia Constabulary after a joint investigation which also involved Worcestershire's trading standards department and the Security Industry Agency.
A police spokesman said the inquiry had focused on the activities of Redditch-based Midland Parking Contracts, now known as iWatch Security Services Ltd, which operated across the West Mercia, West Midlands, Gloucestershire and Warwickshire areas.
Those charged, who have not been named, will appear before magistrates in Redditch next Tuesday.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- < Previous
- Next >