Freddie Starr is freed on bail for a second time
Friday 02 November 2012
Freddie Starr, who was arrested on Thursday by police investigating the Jimmy Savile abuse scandal, was released on bail for a second time last night.
Mr Starr, 69, returned to speak to officers yesterday after being released in the early hours of the morning. He was bailed again at around 5.20pm. The comedian, from Warwickshire, was interviewed on suspicion of sexual offences and falls under the strand of the investigation classed as "Savile and others". He has strongly denied accusations linked to the abuse claims.
Last month he said Savile was "despicable" and "disgusting".
Mr Starr's arrest follows that of the 70s pop star Gary Glitter on Sunday. He was also released on bail.
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker