Guilty verdict in heiress case


Click to follow
The Independent Online

A gas fitter has been convicted of the manslaughter of Zoe Anderson, who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Bath following the installation of a boiler.

Andrew Hartley, 37, fitted the boiler less than two weeks before Ms Anderson, daughter of magazine tycoon and founder of the TED online lecture series Chris Anderson, was overcome by gas fumes.

He had already admitted a charge of breaching gas-safety regulations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 by failing to secure the boiler flue pipe with screws.