Huhne driving papers handed to CPS
Friday 10 June 2011
Police investigating allegations that Energy Secretary Chris Huhne dodged speeding points to escape a driving ban have handed preliminary papers to prosecutors.
The Crown Prosecution Service said it had received a batch of "initial papers" from Essex Police yesterday.
"We will consider them," a spokesman said.
"The police are still continuing with their investigation. We haven't got a full file of evidence. We are not at the point of taking a charging decision."
Mr Huhne faces claims that in 2003 he persuaded his then wife, Vicky Pryce, to accept speeding penalty points on his behalf to avoid a driving ban. He denies the allegation.
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel