Killer's parents face jail threat
Tuesday 22 May 2012
A boyfriend who strangled his aspiring-model girlfriend in a jealous rage was today described as "evil" by the dead teenager's family.
Elliot Turner, 20, the son of a wealthy jeweller, was found guilty by a jury of murdering 17-year-old Emily Longley in his bed after going "absolutely nuts" over his suspicions she was "twisting his heart" by seeing other men.
His parents Leigh, 54, and Anita, 51, also face jail terms after being found guilty of helping to cover-up the crime.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran