Man 72, arrested over 'sexual act on the beach'
A 72-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of engaging in sexual acts with a woman on a popular holidaymakers' beach, police said today.
Members of the public contacted the police at 3.50pm on Sunday August 8, after witnessing two people apparently involved in a sexual act on the beach at Shanklin Esplanade, Isle of Wight.
The man, originally from the Derby area, was arrested with a 49-year-old woman from Redhill, Surrey, on suspicion of being involved in an act of outraging public decency.
The couple were questioned at Newport police station and released on police bail until September 26.
A Hampshire and Isle of Wight police spokesman said: "Investigating officers would like to speak with members of the public who had been on Shanklin beach on Sunday afternoon.
"Several witnesses left the scene without passing on their contact details to the police."
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Ed Miliband's 'north London set' must be demolished to save Labour, say critics
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship