Man arrested after M25 motorway chase
Wednesday 20 June 2012
A man was arrested today after leading police on a 140mph chase on the M25.
Officers from the Roads Policing Unit, supported by the Surrey Police helicopter, pursued the car - a silver BMW coupe - on to the eastbound carriage of the motorway in Surrey at 2.40am.
But the high speeds were so dangerous they backed away and stopped the pursuit.
A rolling road block was put in place at Junction 6, slowing other traffic, and officers were eventually able to contain and stop the car.
The driver, a 36-year-old man from London, was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop for police and dangerous driving.
The motorway was closed for about 10 minutes while the car was recovered and the carriageway cleared of debris.
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims