Man arrested over blog list of pro-war MPs
Wednesday 10 November 2010
A 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of encouraging an act of terrorism in connection with a website that listed MPs who voted for the Iraq War, police said today.
The man was taken into custody at 9.30am in connection with the internet blog which influenced a student who tried to kill MP Stephen Timms.
Officers from the West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit conducted a search of the man's home address in the Dunstall area of Wolverhampton and arrested him under section one of the Terrorism Act 2006, West Midlands Police said.
A police spokeswoman added: "The website is the same one that was in the press last week in connection with stabbing of MP Stephen Timms."
Detective Chief Inspector John Denley said: "We are treating the contents and implications of this blog very seriously, and have taken action this morning to progress our investigation."
Computer and electronic equipment was seized for examination from the suspect's home address, police said.
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London