Man given life for Liverpool fan's murder
Thursday 29 November 2012
A man who killed a Liverpool football fan at a bar in London was jailed for life at the Old Bailey yesterday.
Paul Beck, 29, was told he would have to serve a minimum of 18 years.
Beck, from Kentish Town, pleaded guilty to murdering Alex Jarmay, 26, in February at Bar Uno in Camden.
Mr Jarmay, from Bromborough, Wirral, was in London to watch his team play Cardiff in the Carling Cup final, which Liverpool won the next day. He was stabbed three times, once through the lung.
Beck's brother Damien is already serving 10 months' jail for striking Mr Jarmay's brother Luke, 22.
Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
April Fools' Day 2015 live: The best pranks and fake stories from around the world
University of Cambridge: Remains of 1,300 scholars are found under building
Turkey power cut: Prime Minister says nationwide blackout could be caused by terrorists
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 5 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet