Man with crossbow held after siege in Greater Manchester
Friday 15 March 2013
A man with a crossbow at the centre of an armed siege has been arrested.
Police negotiators were dispatched to resolve the incident in Trafford, Greater Manchester.
Officers and social workers were called to a house on North Lonsdale Street at 8.30pm yesterday following reports of concern for a man.
The 31-year-old man made threats towards the officers with a crossbow.
The man was arrested after a lengthy stand-off which involved armed police officers, a spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said.
Nobody was injured and the armed officers have been stood down.
It is understood that the man has been arrested on suspicion of affray and making threats to kill.
Stem cells that can kill cancer have been engineered by scientists
Ottawa shooting: 'Sergeant-at-arms shot suspect at point-blank range after diving around pillar'
Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
Jack Bruce dead: Cream bass player dies of liver disease aged 71
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 Stem cells that can kill cancer have been engineered by scientists
- 2 Ricky Gervais and Dame Judi Dench back campaign to stop Thailand dog meat trade
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News