More deaths at poison hospital
Tuesday 24 January 2012
Police are investigating the deaths of two more patients believed to have been poisoned with insulin at Stepping Hill Hospital, it was announced yesterday.
The death on 20 January of John Beeley, 73, was the sixth fatality among the 21 people thought to have had their saline drips deliberately contaminated at the hospital in Stockport, Cheshire.
Earlier, the family of Linda McDonagh, 60, who died on 14 Jan- uary, said they believed the grandmother was poisoned by a saboteur while battling motor neurone disease and pneumonia last summer.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled