Pair bailed on sex assault charges
Friday 24 October 2008
Two men appeared in court today charged with sexually assaulting children at a former Jersey care home.
Gordon Claude Wateridge pleaded not guilty to 17 counts involving five alleged victims between 1970 and 1974 at the Haut de la Garenne children's home.
The 77-year-old, originally from Croydon, south London, pleaded not guilty at Jersey Royal Court to 15 charges of indecent assault on girls under 16 and one count of incitement to indecent assault on a girl under 16.
He also denied one count of assault on a boy aged between 12 and 13 and his case was adjourned to November 25 for directions with a trial expected on April 20 next year.
Michael Aubin, 46, from Southampton, is charged with six counts of indecent assault on boys, two counts of sodomy and two counts of procuring an act of gross indecency.
The charges are alleged to have taken place between 17 February, 1977 and 19 July, 1978 and involve five different complainants.
Aubin reserved his plea and the case was adjourned to November 26 for a pre trial review. Both men were bailed.
The men are not connected.
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27