Parents jailed for murder cover-up
Saturday 07 July 2012
A wealthy jeweller and his wife who disposed of evidence after their jealous son murdered his girlfriend at their Bournemouth home have been jailed for 27 months each.
Elliot Turner, 20, was found guilty by a jury at Winchester Crown Court in May of murdering Emily Longley, 17, after going "absolutely nuts" in a jealous rage.
His parents Leigh, 54, and Anita, 51, were sentenced at the same court yesterday after being found guilty of perverting the course of justice. They helped cover up the crime by destroying a confession letter from their son and taking away vital evidence after the killing at their home in May last year. Their son was also sentenced to nine months, to run concurrently with his life sentence for murder, for perverting the course of justice.
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh