PCSO charged with rape
Wednesday 16 May 2012
A Scotland Yard community support officer has been charged with rape.
Kevin Mitchell, 42, is accused of attacking a 21-year-old woman in Peckham, south London.
The serving PCSO with the force's transport command will appear in court later this month facing counts of rape and sexual assault, the Metropolitan Police said.
Mitchell was off duty when the alleged offence took place on December 16 last year. He has been suspended by the force while the prosecution takes place.
A spokesman added: "He has been bailed and will next appear at Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court on May 28."
Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
The 13 obscure UK laws you didn’t know you were breaking
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >