Pete Doherty's manager jailed over hit-and-run crash
The manager of rock star Pete Doherty was jailed for 12 months today after admitting being involved in a hit-and-run crash.
Andrew Boyd was sentenced by a judge at Ipswich Crown Court after pleading guilty to dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and other motoring offences.
Pedestrian Chris Corder was left in a coma after suffering serious injuries in the collision in Hadleigh, Suffolk, in September 2009.
Boyd was also banned from driving for three years and ordered to take a re-test before regaining his licence.
Judge David Goodin said Boyd would be eligible for release on licence after serving six months.
Many members of Mr Corder's family were in court.
One relative approached Boyd outside court and called him "scum".
Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
Isis 'bulldozes' Nimrud: UNESCO condemns destruction of ancient Assyrian site as a 'war crime'
The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 GamerGate: developer Tim Schafer provokes rage with joke about online gaming activists at industry awards