Pete Doherty's manager jailed over hit-and-run crash
The manager of rock star Pete Doherty was jailed for 12 months today after admitting being involved in a hit-and-run crash.
Andrew Boyd was sentenced by a judge at Ipswich Crown Court after pleading guilty to dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and other motoring offences.
Pedestrian Chris Corder was left in a coma after suffering serious injuries in the collision in Hadleigh, Suffolk, in September 2009.
Boyd was also banned from driving for three years and ordered to take a re-test before regaining his licence.
Judge David Goodin said Boyd would be eligible for release on licence after serving six months.
Many members of Mr Corder's family were in court.
One relative approached Boyd outside court and called him "scum".
Boris Johnson claims porn-obsessed Islamic jihadists are 'literally w*****s'
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Putin opponent reveals Russian President's daughter's secret identity
Ball pool for adults opens in London
Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'