Pete Doherty's manager jailed over hit-and-run crash
The manager of rock star Pete Doherty was jailed for 12 months today after admitting being involved in a hit-and-run crash.
Andrew Boyd was sentenced by a judge at Ipswich Crown Court after pleading guilty to dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and other motoring offences.
Pedestrian Chris Corder was left in a coma after suffering serious injuries in the collision in Hadleigh, Suffolk, in September 2009.
Boyd was also banned from driving for three years and ordered to take a re-test before regaining his licence.
Judge David Goodin said Boyd would be eligible for release on licence after serving six months.
Many members of Mr Corder's family were in court.
One relative approached Boyd outside court and called him "scum".
Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
The 13 obscure UK laws you didn’t know you were breaking
13 laws you didn't know you were breaking
Car tax disc changes: Make sure you know the new rules from 1 October or risk £1,000 fine
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Air strikes? Talk of God? Barack Obama is following the jihadists’ script after James Foley beheading
- 1 Rice Bucket Challenge: India's take on the Ice Bucket Challenge 'for Indian needs'
- 2 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 Rubble Bucket Challenge: Ice Bucket Challenge adapted in solidarity with Gazans whose homes have been destroyed in conflict
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Make sure you know the new rules from 1 October or risk £1,000 fine
- < Previous
- Next >