Police team axed for playing poker
Sunday 18 November 2012
An entire neighbourhood policing team has been axed after an internal investigation found officers had been playing backgammon and poker, watching television and cleaning golf clubs while on duty.
Seven officers resigned or were dismissed from the Safer Neighbourhood Team in the Mottingham and Chislehurst North ward in Bromley, south-east London.
Three officers were charged with criminal offences, after an undercover operation by the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards in 2010.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >