Shoplifter's red-hot surprise
Wednesday 22 August 2012
A man has been jailed for 14 weeks after stealing chilli peppers.
Marcus Banwell, 39, tried to hide a Scotch bonnet pepper – one of the world's hottest – in his mouth after the owner of a Bristol grocery shop became suspicious. Mr Banwell gave himself away when he vomited and collapsed in agony. He had stolen five chillis, juice and a milkshake and admitted possession of crack cocaine and heroin.
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader