Six charged over jewel robberies
Friday 17 September 2010
Detectives charged six people in connection with an investigation into a series of high value robberies on gem dealers across the country, police said today.
Rodolfo Gonzales Ramos, 36, Ivan Fernandez-Amescha, 40, Christian Villamar-Leal, 36, Luis Silva, 26, John Bernal-Patino, 27, and Dianna Albarracin-Tovar, 31, all of no fixed abode, were charged with theft last night, Scotland Yard said.
They are due to appear from custody at Leicester Magistrates' Court later today.
Police earlier said they believed raids carried out in London, the Midlands and Scotland, netted those responsible millions of pounds in the past year.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police Service's London Crime Squad made a series of arrests following an operation in Leicester city centre on Tuesday night.
Ryan Gosling granted temporary restraining order against a woman 'convinced she was his twin flame'
Jennifer Lawrence sings in new The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Pt 1 clip on YouTube
Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran