Teenagers remanded over stabbing death
Saturday 30 July 2011
Two men appeared in court today charged with the murder of a man near a bus stop.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said Kai Taliana, 18, of the Vauban Estate, south east London and Khaled Ait-Said, 18, of Mansell Street, east London, faced a hearing at Croydon Magistrates' Court charged with the murder of Vitalijs Janovics.
They were both remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
Mr Janovics, a 38-year-old waiter, was stabbed to death in Bermondsey, south east London, in the early hours of July 22.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a single stab wound to the heart.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters