Two men held in connection with Derby house fire deaths
Monday 05 November 2012
Two men have been arrested in connection with a house fire in which six siblings died.
The men, aged 45 and 49, were arrested this morning in connection with the fire in Victory Road, Derby, which killed Jade Philpott, 10 and her brothers John, nine, Jack, eight, Jesse, six, Jayden, five, and 13-year-old Duwayne in May this year.
Duwayne was taken to hospital after firefighters pulled him from the house in the aftermath of the blaze but he died two days later.
The children's parents, Mick Philpott, 55, and his 31-year-old wife Mairead, have been charged with all six murders. They are next due in court on Thursday.
The two men arrested this morning, who are both from Derby, are in police custody and will be questioned today, a Derbyshire Police spokesman said.
Assistant Chief Constable Steve Cotterill from Derbyshire Police said: "These arrests are part of the continuing investigation to seek justice for the children who died as a result of the fire in May."
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity' claims
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >