Two men held in connection with Derby house fire deaths
Monday 05 November 2012
Two men have been arrested in connection with a house fire in which six siblings died.
The men, aged 45 and 49, were arrested this morning in connection with the fire in Victory Road, Derby, which killed Jade Philpott, 10 and her brothers John, nine, Jack, eight, Jesse, six, Jayden, five, and 13-year-old Duwayne in May this year.
Duwayne was taken to hospital after firefighters pulled him from the house in the aftermath of the blaze but he died two days later.
The children's parents, Mick Philpott, 55, and his 31-year-old wife Mairead, have been charged with all six murders. They are next due in court on Thursday.
The two men arrested this morning, who are both from Derby, are in police custody and will be questioned today, a Derbyshire Police spokesman said.
Assistant Chief Constable Steve Cotterill from Derbyshire Police said: "These arrests are part of the continuing investigation to seek justice for the children who died as a result of the fire in May."
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader