Residents at a Weymouth care home had a shock when they tried to eat what they thought were biscuits, only to discover that they were soil with dill seeds.
John Hobbs, 79, told the Dorset Echo: "It was just as though I'd got a mouthful of grit, it was terrible. It was especially confusing because it was attached to food.
"You wouldn't go into a garden centre and get a pot plant with a sandwich strapped underneath. My wife had a coughing fit, she was in a terrible state."
Sharon Grange, manager at the care home, said: "Both of them almost choked to death because it was actually soil.
"You wouldn't think to read the pack because it looks so much like cookies. It's really dangerous."Reuse content