British winner scoops £148m lottery jackpot
Saturday 11 August 2012
One UK ticket-holder scooped a massive £148.6million in last night's EuroMillions draw, a National Lottery spokesman said.
The prize is the second-largest jackpot yet in the UK, behind Colin and Chris Weir, from Largs in North Ayrshire, who won £161m last July, with the difference in the exchange rate meaning this week's jackpot is slightly less than that.
The winning main EuroMillions numbers were 50, 21, 17, 48 and 11, and the Lucky Star numbers were 09 and 10, winning £148,656,000.
That's some guestlist! Stunning images show huge dynastic wedding between Ultra-Orthodox Jewish families which attracted 25,000 guests
'He was always smiling': Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
Heathrow airport reopens runways after British Airways plane 'on fire over London' makes emergency landing
Two bailed after arrest over Woolwich attack Twitter comments
Exclusive: Woolwich killings suspect Michael Adebolajo was inspired by cleric banned from UK after urging followers to behead enemies of Islam
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 3 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Two bailed after arrest over Woolwich attack Twitter comments
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.