Headteacher's killer cleared of robbery
Thursday 25 August 2011
The killer of the headmaster Philip Lawrence in 1995 was cleared yesterday of using his notoriety to intimidate and rob a young man at a cash machine.
Learco Chindamo, 31, allegedly accosted David Sexton with the words: "Do you remember about the headteacher in Maida Vale?" as he ordered him to hand over his money at an ATM outside a Sainsbury's store in Camden, London, on 13 November last year.
But after the collapse of three previous trials, Mr Chindamo, released from prison last year, was acquitted of robbery at Blackfriars Crown Court.
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Group have been well ...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: Real Staffing Group is seeking Traine...
£120 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We have an exciting opportunity...
Competitive: Randstad Education Manchester: SEN Teacher urgently required for ...