Official royal wedding list released
Saturday 23 April 2011
The full list of confirmed guests attending the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton was released by Britain's monarchy today.
Soccer star David Beckham and his wife Victoria were among the most recognizable names on the list of guests at the April 29 nuptials.
Many on the list had been already confirmed in the media weeks ago, including the Beckhams, musician Elton John and director Guy Ritchie. But others, like singer Joss Stone and Mr. Bean actor Rowan Atkinson — a close friend of William's father Prince Charles — were new.
Royal family members from countries including Bahrain, Denmark, Spain and Morocco will also attend. Other guests include government officials, Afghan war veterans, and charity workers.
The palace said it is only invited crowned heads of states, and that foreign political leaders — such as President Barack Obama or French President Nicolas Sarkozy — weren't sent invitations.
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
£7 - £10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care provider is looking for Home ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...