Passengers hit by major rail delays
Saturday 13 October 2012
Passengers travelling in and out of London faced major delays
this morning after a host of rail and underground services were
South West Trains to and from Waterloo station were cancelled because of a problem with a level crossing in the Barnes area.
Alerts on the company's website warned that:
* The London Waterloo circular service departing at 7, 15, 37 and 45 minutes past the hour is cancelled;
* Services between London Waterloo and Reading will be diverted, and will not call at Richmond or Twickenham. Trains running between Waterloo and Windsor and Eton Riverside will not call at Richmond or Twickenham, and will additionally call at Hounslow.
The disruption caused nine trains to be cancelled and a further 38 in and out of Waterloo to face delays of up to an hour and a half throughout the morning.
There was more misery for passengers due to a number of partial closures on the Tube, including the Circle, District, Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan, Northern and Victoria lines.
Underground services are due to be disrupted over the weekend with replacement buses operating instead.
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
Perez Hilton apologises for publishing Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
Jennifer Lawrence 'nude photo hacker' claims there are hundreds more celebrity images to come
Victoria Justice on naked photo leak: 'Let me nip this in the bud right now – pun intended'
Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
Ariana Grande nude photos leak: Pictures are completely fake, say singer's representatives
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
£26000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: SAP Assessor Job T...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Crawley: Year 6 larger then life teach...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Plymouth: SEN Jobs Available Devon
£600 - £900 per day: Harrington Starr: Infrastructure Lead, (Trading infrastru...