Stowaway's body found on plane at Heathrow
A suspected stowaway has been found dead in the landing-gear bay of an aircraft at Heathrow airport.
The body of an unidentified man was found on board the British Airways flight that landed from Cape Town yesterday morning.
BA said it was investigating how the "very rare and sad event" had taken place. The death is being treated as non-suspicious.
The Airports Company South Africa said a person was seen scaling a fence at Cape Town International airport on Wednesday. Security guards gave chase but lost track of the individual.
The man was found dead aboard a Boeing 747 in the area of the aircraft where the landing gear is stored after take-off. Inquiries are being made to establish the man's identity.
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...