Train cleaners win Olympic bonus
Monday 11 June 2012
Workers who clean trains on the West Coast main line are to receive a £400 bonus for working during the Olympic Games.
The Rail Maritime and Transport union said it was a "ground-breaking" deal involving contract cleaners on Virgin trains.
General secretary Bob Crow said cleaners were often excluded from deals, adding: "RMT has prioritised the fight for a fair deal for cleaning, catering and other support staff who are working for contractors."
Transport workers in the capital have won a series of deals for an Olympic bonus, although thousands of bus drivers and other employees have voted to go on strike over a claim for a payment of £500.
- 1 Stuart Baggs dies: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 2 Whoopi Goldberg tells Cara Delevingne to suck it up: 'She's not famous. I'M famous'
- 3 1000 people played Foo Fighters simultaneously to try and get them to play their city
- 4 Every club should be like Labour – you can’t join as a new member unless you’re already a member
- 5 Doctor Who: Christopher Eccleston says why he left the BBC series after just one series
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£15500 - £17680 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A position has become available...
£60000 - £120000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This conference call startup i...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This digital and print design a...