Train cleaners win Olympic bonus
Monday 11 June 2012
Workers who clean trains on the West Coast main line are to receive a £400 bonus for working during the Olympic Games.
The Rail Maritime and Transport union said it was a "ground-breaking" deal involving contract cleaners on Virgin trains.
General secretary Bob Crow said cleaners were often excluded from deals, adding: "RMT has prioritised the fight for a fair deal for cleaning, catering and other support staff who are working for contractors."
Transport workers in the capital have won a series of deals for an Olympic bonus, although thousands of bus drivers and other employees have voted to go on strike over a claim for a payment of £500.
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 4 Netherlands to withdraw food and shelter from failed asylum-seekers after just 'a few weeks'
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
Bono's group has made more money from Facebook investment than from all his music
Nazi 'gold train': Fire engulfs suspected location of vehicle in Poland
Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
Isis releases graphic video showing four Shia 'spies' being burned alive in Anbar, Iraq
A Chinese journalist has appeared on state television 'confessing' to causing the stock market chaos
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms
£18 - 23k + Bonus + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Junior Artworker / Junior Mac Ar...
£25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join ...
£16 - 18k: Guru Careers: A Trainee Installation Engineer / Field Service Engin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This ambitious and friendly sof...