How much does he earn?: No 21: Dr John Burton, coroner for West London
Sunday 13 March 1994
Salary: pounds 43,377, plus 5.5 per cent pension supplement.
Perks: Has a coroner's officer. No longer has to raise funds for the ransom of Richard the Lionheart, like his predecessors of 1194. Time off for duties as president of the Coroners' Society. Gets to decide whether or not metal detecting enthusiasts can keep the buried treasure they find.
Home: A house in Richmond, Surrey.
Education: University College Hospital medical school, London; Royal College of Surgeons, London; College of Law, London.
Family: Married with one son and one daughter.
Hobbies: Dinghy sailing, steam engines.
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...