Marquess of Bath evicts younger brother
Wednesday 14 October 1992
Lord Christopher was sacked as estate comptroller by Lord Bath in July, less than a month after their father's death, amid bitter acrimony.
He has been served with a notice of eviction from The Hermitage, a mile from Longleat House, near Warminster, Wiltshire.
Lord Christopher was last night with his wife at her two-bedroomed cottage in Quenington, Cirencester, Gloucestershire. At the time of his dismissal Lord Christopher said: 'I just don't know what will happen about my house because it belongs to the estate. I just hope I will be allowed to stay there.'
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This firm are focussed on assis...
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: A vacancy has arisen for a General Processor ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A great opportunity has arisen ...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time and Part time positio...