Bad news for David Cameron as poll puts Ukip just two points behind Tories
Ukip has surged to just two points behind the Conservatives, according to a poll released last night.
The data by Survation, a member of the British Polling Council, puts Ukip on 22 per cent, its highest poll rating ever. Labour is on 35 per cent, 11 points ahead of the Tories, while the Lib Dems are in fourth place on 11 per cent.
If the results were repeated at a general election on a uniform swing, Labour would have a majority of 104 seats. The survey canvassed 1,000 adults in England, Scotland and Wales last week.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...