Budget 2013: At a glance
Wednesday 20 March 2013
* Fuel duty rise scrapped.
* Beer duty cut by 1p but wine up by 10p and spirits by 53p.
* Cigarette duties to rise 2 per cent with inflation.
* Income tax eliminated for all earnings under £10,000 by 2014.
* New scheme to allow property purchases with only 5 per cent deposits.
* Maximum 1 per cent pay rises for public sector workers to continue until 2016.
* Government departments to see budget cuts of 1 per cent more for two years, excluding health and schools.
* Single flat-rate pension of £144 a week brought forward a year to 2016.
* 20 per cent tax relief on childcare up to £6,000 per child from 2015.
* Corporation tax to be cut by one per cent to 20 per cent in 2015.
* New employment allowance to cut National Insurance bills for every firm by £2,000 to help small companies.
* Care home costs assets threshold to rise from £23,000 to £118,000 from 2017.
* Growth forecast for 2013 halved from 1.2 per cent to 0.6 per cent.
* Debt as a share of GDP to rise to 85.6 per cent in 2016-17, up from 75.9 per cent in 2013.
* Banking fines from Libor rate fixing scandal to be given to military good causes.
* An extra £15 billion to be invested in road, rail and construction by 2020.
* Tax avoidance and evasion measures to be targetted to recoup £3 billion.
* Pottery industry in the Midlands to be exempted from the Climate Change Levy.
* Stamp duty abolished on shares traded on growth markets like AIM.
* Leading athletes to be exempt from paying income tax at July’s London Anniversary Games and next year’s Commonwealth Games.
* Tax breaks to help the shale gas sector get established.
* Tax incentives for ultra low emission vehicles
* Government to go forward with two carbon capture and storage projects.
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
YouTube video posted by Isis militants shows 'execution of 250 Syrian soldiers'
Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
Papua New Guinea Mount Tavurvur volcano eruption sees international flights diverted
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...