Lobbyists - full related links
Tuesday 06 December 2011
Following the 6 December revelations in The Independent over Britain’s secretive lobbying system, we have compiled the following collection of related links.
9 December 2011
Parliamentary inquiry into lobbying to call Bell Pottinger
executives as witnesses
* The fightback begins: boss vows to take action against miscreant staff
* The arms company, the oligarch and the ex-PM's sister-in-law: lobby firm's Wikipedia hit list
* Chatham House: Lobbyist link with leading think tank
8 December 2011
* Bell Pottinger head launches investigation
* Exposed: How lobbyists put positive spin on child labour
* Kazakhstan: PR firm's plan to target Sting after gig boycott (video)
* The 'dark arts': Bell Pottinger caught rewriting its clients' Wikipedia entries
* Leaked email: Clients want answers as Bell Pottinger gears up for damage limitation
* Reaction: Lobbying company faces investigation by its own industry
* Belarus Links: Lord Bell questions money claims of senior colleague
* Pat Murtagh: We should say no to tyrants' cash
7 December 2011
Lobbyists boasted: 'We know how to get to Vince'
* Rebekah? 'We helped choose her police station'
* Revelations: How lobbyists' tentacles spread throughout the Government
* MPs demand stronger controls to make lobbying industry accountable
* Rwanda: How dare you accuse our client of genocide
* The Palace: Furious reaction to company's claims of royal links
* Steve Richards: Now we see this industry has oversold itself
* Matthew Norman: Do unethical lobbyists feel any pain at the dirty, seedy role they play in politics?
* Leading article: Exactly what journalism should be
6 December 2011
Caught on camera: top lobbyists boasting how they influence the
* The Sting: The fake 'Asimov Group' meets Bell Pottinger
* The Transcript: 'David Cameron raised it with the Chinese Prime Minister'
* We wrote Sri Lankan President's civil war speech, say lobbyists
* Vicious dictatorship which Bell Pottinger was prepared to do business with
* Oliver Wright: Vested interests are entitled to argue their case, but it must be in the open
* Andrew Grice: Plenty of talk about cracking down on lobbying – but still there's no action
* Leading article: Evidence of a lobbying industry out of control
24 November 2011
* Amol Rajan: Beat lobbyists make politicians display backers' logos
23 November 2011
* Did a libidinous Lib Dem ask lobbyists to pay his lover's way?
2 November 2011
* Diary: A free meal with a lobbyist? No such thing
19 October 2011
* Inquiry ducks key issue: did Adam Werritty's backers profit?
19 October 2011
* Diary: Meddling Prince is up to his old tricks with Tories
18 October 2011
* Lobbying clean-up is delayed - after lobbying
18 April 2011
* Join Clegg's 'leaders' club' – for £25,000 annual fee
The Bureau of Investigative Journalism
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...