Lobbyists - full related links
Tuesday 06 December 2011
Following the 6 December revelations in The Independent over Britain’s secretive lobbying system, we have compiled the following collection of related links.
9 December 2011
Parliamentary inquiry into lobbying to call Bell Pottinger
executives as witnesses
* The fightback begins: boss vows to take action against miscreant staff
* The arms company, the oligarch and the ex-PM's sister-in-law: lobby firm's Wikipedia hit list
* Chatham House: Lobbyist link with leading think tank
8 December 2011
* Bell Pottinger head launches investigation
* Exposed: How lobbyists put positive spin on child labour
* Kazakhstan: PR firm's plan to target Sting after gig boycott (video)
* The 'dark arts': Bell Pottinger caught rewriting its clients' Wikipedia entries
* Leaked email: Clients want answers as Bell Pottinger gears up for damage limitation
* Reaction: Lobbying company faces investigation by its own industry
* Belarus Links: Lord Bell questions money claims of senior colleague
* Pat Murtagh: We should say no to tyrants' cash
7 December 2011
Lobbyists boasted: 'We know how to get to Vince'
* Rebekah? 'We helped choose her police station'
* Revelations: How lobbyists' tentacles spread throughout the Government
* MPs demand stronger controls to make lobbying industry accountable
* Rwanda: How dare you accuse our client of genocide
* The Palace: Furious reaction to company's claims of royal links
* Steve Richards: Now we see this industry has oversold itself
* Matthew Norman: Do unethical lobbyists feel any pain at the dirty, seedy role they play in politics?
* Leading article: Exactly what journalism should be
6 December 2011
Caught on camera: top lobbyists boasting how they influence the
* The Sting: The fake 'Asimov Group' meets Bell Pottinger
* The Transcript: 'David Cameron raised it with the Chinese Prime Minister'
* We wrote Sri Lankan President's civil war speech, say lobbyists
* Vicious dictatorship which Bell Pottinger was prepared to do business with
* Oliver Wright: Vested interests are entitled to argue their case, but it must be in the open
* Andrew Grice: Plenty of talk about cracking down on lobbying – but still there's no action
* Leading article: Evidence of a lobbying industry out of control
24 November 2011
* Amol Rajan: Beat lobbyists make politicians display backers' logos
23 November 2011
* Did a libidinous Lib Dem ask lobbyists to pay his lover's way?
2 November 2011
* Diary: A free meal with a lobbyist? No such thing
19 October 2011
* Inquiry ducks key issue: did Adam Werritty's backers profit?
19 October 2011
* Diary: Meddling Prince is up to his old tricks with Tories
18 October 2011
* Lobbying clean-up is delayed - after lobbying
18 April 2011
* Join Clegg's 'leaders' club' – for £25,000 annual fee
The Bureau of Investigative Journalism
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
£32000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Services Manage...
£10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an outstanding opportunity for 1...
£15 per hour: Ashdown Group: IT Analyst / Helpdesk - 2 Month Contract - £15ph ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This group is the world's secon...